Monday, October 4, 2010

A couple of my favorite recipes

I absolutely LOVE my slow cooker! I use it at least twice a week for dinners.. Usually on Sunday I will organize what I am making for dinner for the week. I have decided that this makes it sooo much easier to be prepared, and to do my grocery shopping. I know exactly what I am cooking and I am not stressed about dinner. Tanner usually requests for low carb dinners so when I find some that he loves I put them in my recipe book. This week we are only here a couple nights so here are two. Both are really good! Enjoy!

Slow cooker Tortilla soup
4 boneless chicken breast (I just use 2 for me and T)
2 cans diced tomatoes(15 ounce each) undrained, I usually put in the bullet to smash the tomatoes so they are not chunky for T
1 cup chicken broth
1 can diced green chiles
1 yellow onion, diced
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 avocados, 2 limes

Rinse and cut fat off chicken.
Place tomatoes, chicken broth, chiles, onion, garlic, cumin in a small bowl, mix and place over chicken.
Cook HIGH 3 hours, or LOW 6-8 hours
When the chicken is cooked, take out of slow cooker, shred with 2 forks and place back into the slow cooker.
Serve with avocado, cheese, cilantro and lime

Slow cooker Cream cheese chicken
4-6 Chicken breast- (I just use 2 for me and T)
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken
2 Tablespoons dry Italian dressing mix
1/4 chopped onions
2 Tablespoons of butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1- 8 ounce package of cream cheese

Rinse and cut fat off of chicken
Place chicken in slow cooker
Pour all ingredients over chicken and top with cubed cream cheese

Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours, or high 3 hours
When finished stir to make creamy! Serve with asparagus or broccoli or side salad

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Ooooo yummy!! They sound amazing:) I love crock pot meals also...no fuss and no mess!! My kind of cooking;) Hey I need your email so I can invite you to my blog.

Tanner and Tess Luster said...

Hey there! my email is tessluster@yahoo.com

T... said...

These recipes look soooo yummy. Going to try these right away. Thanks for posting these.